Heavenly Hazelnut Brownies, there’s a nutritious nut in every bite!
These brownies are not only, chocolaty, sweet and nutty but they are also healthy and tasty! I know some people have difficulty with the concept that something saporous can be salubrious too but, trust me, they can and this is a fine example.
Hazelnuts and dates are both tasty but they are also very high in protein and loaded with numerous health-benefiting nutrients.
These brownies are also ‘easy peasy’ to make, anyone can make them, honest, give it a try. You’d be nuts not to!
Note: you’ll need a Loaf Tin or alternative.
- 110g butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 dates
- 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 65g cup wholemeal (or spelt) flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup hazelnut pieces (no shell)
- Vanilla Bean sugar, or alternative, for dusting.
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Grease a 15 × 9cm Loaf Tin with cooking spray, or butter.
- Pit your dates, if required, and chop them into small pieces.
- In medium bowl, or food mixer, combine dates, butter,eggs and vanilla to make a batter. The date pieces are heavy, so mix well and try to get us much air into the batter as possible. Then beat in the cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- With spatula, fold in hazelnuts, again trying to get as much air into the batter as possible. Evenly spread the batter into the Loaf Tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm.
- That’s it ‘simple’. Slice, serve and enjoy !
Thanks to Unwed Housewife for introducing me to the concept of nut brownies.