This is a recipe, only slightly, amended from the original by Jenny Sugar at POPSUGAR Fitness
Time: 45 minutes
Quantity: 12 Muffins
Calories: 180 per Muffin
3 ripe bananas
40 grams packed baby spinach
170 grams whole meal flour
145 grams sugar
1 free range egg
60 ml rapeseed oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Approx. 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180°F/ Fan 160°F.
- Puree the bananas, spinach, and strawberries in a blender.
- In a medium-size bowl, or food mixer, combine the: flour; sugar; egg; oil; baking soda; cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into the bowl/mixer and mix well.
- Put 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling each case to about three quarters full.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer the muffins to a rack and allow to cool.
Note: These taste great whilst still warm but can be stored in an airtight container and shared with friends later (post race?) or put in the freezer for future enjoyment.